Up: No Title
Previous: Unqualified Names
If a qualified name is not followed by parenthesis:
If they are followed by parenthesis:
- Classname.field refers to a static field of the class.
- object.field refers to a field of the object.
- Classname.method(...) calls the static method of the class.
- object.method(...) call the method of the object.
- We choose dynamically (at call time) the best fitting method
for the argument types, using reflection.
- If we cannot find an appropriate method an error occurs.