Next: Why study Compiler Construction?
Up: No Title
Previous: Part I: Compilation: Overview
There are very few people who will write compilers for a living,
so why bother?
- A competent computer professional knows about
high-level programming and hardware.
- A compiler connects the two.
- Therefore, understanding compilation techniques is essential for
understanding how programming languages and computers hang together.
- Many applications contain little languages for customization
and flexible control
- Word macros, layout descriptions, document descriptions
- Compiler techniques are needed to properly design and
implement these extension languages